JDisc Discovery - Professional Edition
JDisc Discovery Professional Edition is the full-featured IT network documentation solution for simple and highly complex infrastructures. Without the need for proprietary agents, JDisc Discovery identifies heterogeneous networks consisting of different operating systems, protocols, device types, and applications. Plus, it also discovers all current virtualization technologies and cluster configurations.
Regarding licensing, JDisc Discovery is extremely flexible. Whether you go for a perpetual license, the annual subscription fee, or a project license, you will always pay only for the number of used device types / operating systems (such as Windows, Linux, VMware ESX, Mac OS X, Oracle Solaris, HP-UX or IBM AIX). Changes in the combination of your devices / operating systems are almost always balanced automatically.
Use the full feature set with our commercial professional edition! Add-Ons extend the core functionality with more specialized features.
Our professional edition comes with a 25 devices test license. However, we recommend requesting an extended evaluation license that is usually limited by time but not by the number of devices.
Broad in Scope
- Identifies and collects information from all major operating systems (Windows NT 4.0 and above, IBM AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD).
- Identifies many SNMP devices (switches, routers, firewalls, …)
- Integrates with your AD environment
- Scans most important cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Cisco Meraki, Hetzner)
Accurate and Non-Intrusive
- We normalize information to simplify data analysis.
- No proprietary agents.
- We avoid using root access on Unix whenever possible.
- Discovered data and access credentials are stored in a secured SQL database (Postgres).
- Access credentials get stored encrypted using AES-128 in our database. No clear-text passwords!
- Communication between the discovery server and UI is always encrypted (SSL and HTTPS).
- Data collection can be extended via own scripts and binaries
- Our JDisc Discovery API enables easy data access for integrations
- Many out-of-the-box CMDB integrations are available
- Weekly releases delivering new features and bug fixes as fast as possible
- Develop new features together with customers
- Build-in supportability features make troubleshooting exercises often a one-stop experience
Perfect for heterogeneous IT environments
No matter what device types you have in your network – our goal is to identify any device type correctly! We already identify:
- Unix computers with HP-UX, Solaris or AIX
- Windows computers and servers
- MAC OS X computers
- Linux and VMware computers
- Many SNMP based devices such as routers, switches, network printers etc.
- Discovers applications installed on Windows, Unix, Linux, and MAC OS X computers
- Detects many database installations (Oracle, IBM, DB2, Sybase, Postgres, SQL Server, and many others) including database instance information like name, port, …
- Extends the software discovery by your custom scripts
- Gets detailed operating system information
- Even detects pending patches for your installed software
Custom Attributes and Reports
There are no limits to customer requirements when it comes to reporting. Therefore, we created a custom report generator where users can easily create their own report based on their individual requirements.
Furthermore, creating custom attributes helps when information cannot be discovered automatically (such as room number). It is even possible to populate your custom attributes by running your own collection scripts.
- Create your own custom reports
- Choose the fields for your custom report
- Define simple or even complex conditions for individual fields
- Create your own custom attributes
- Populate your custom attributes by running your own collection scripts
- Import data into your custom attributes from CSV files